Small Business Account Manager
Posted On: January 13, 2020
Small Business Account Manager
Job Purpose & Summary
As a member of the Retail and Small Business Banking team, the Small Business Account Manager will understand and meet the diverse needs of our Small Business owners, including understanding their business and personal banking needs. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Small Business Banking the Small Business Account Manager provides Small Business owners with exceptional service and sound financial advice to meet their diverse credit, deposit, and cash management needs. The Small Business Account Manager will be responsible for meeting and exceeding specific individual and team based goals.
The Small Business Account Manager will manage portfolios of Small Business Members to build and develop relationships with them and deepen their holdings with DUCA for both business and personal banking. The Small Business Account Manager will be required to undertake business and revenue generating sales activities, build strong relationships in partnership with the branch teams, and lever external centres of influence in order to obtain referrals of new business to DUCA.
Key Accountabilities & Duties
- Provide recommendations on complex credit products such as small business loans and lines of credit, based on thorough and accurate credit interviewing and full needs assessment
- Review and approve non-complex credit deals
- As determined, manage a portfolio of Small Business Members
- Develop and maintain relationships with Commercial Banking, Retail and Wealth partners to ensure a coordinated market approach to Small Business Banking within the region
- Provide advice on day-to-day banking including deposit accounts by levering branch and partner teams
- Work with Small Business owners through business life-stages to enhance their ability to grow and profit
- Identify Wealth Management advice opportunities such as Estate Planning, Investment Planning and refer to the appropriate DUCA partner/advisor
- Submit thorough credit applications for review and approval by the credit department, ensuring adherence to all credit guidelines and policies
- Provide support and guidance to branch teams relating to meeting the basic needs of Small Business Members and ensure holistic advice is being provided
- Hold relevant seminars jointly with the branch teams to promote Small Business Solutions and Advice to Members
- Maintain appropriate records and administration to appropriately track and support the management of a portfolio, business development activities, and work-in-progress
- Use DUCA tools to proactively identify and promote opportunities with Members to deepen relationships and deliver a consistent Member experience
- Identify, drive, and administer referrals to Retail, Wealth and Commercial, as required
- Build and grow external centres of influence to optimize results
- Develop and manage to a comprehensive business development plan
- Resolve problems at first point of contact where possible and refer more complex issues and Member concerns the appropriate party
- Process daily work in accordance with compliance, audit, policies and procedures
- Consistently follow the sales management protocols of DUCA Retail and Small Business Banking
- Contribute to a positive, successful, and cohesive work environment by demonstrating a ‘can do’ attitude, professionalism, and teamwork with members, colleagues and DUCA staff
- Actively participate in the performance management and coaching process as required
- Meet professional and personal learning objectives to build and advance capability in the current role and for future roles by utilizing learning maps and external courses as required
- Utilize knowledge to ensure compliance with industry codes of conduct
Occupational Experience & Education Requirements
- Post-secondary education in Business or related field
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in an advisory role within financial services, with a proven track record in Small Business banking and lending
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Strong business acumen and financial industry knowledge
- Expert ability to understand and interpret financial statement information
- Passion for growing the business and achieving results against a target
- Strong technical skills; strong and proven credit skills
- Excellent organizational and Member Service skills
- Strong communicator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Good judgment and decision-making capabilities
- An effective time manager who can perform in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding relationship management skills; a “people person”
- Ability to organize and prioritize and adapt to change
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Team player
- Strong self-manager and able to work independently
Regular travel will be required between assigned branches and/or offsite to meet Members. Regular access to a vehicle is required.
Department: Retail Sales
Primary Location: Corporate Office
Employment Status: Full-time
Hours per Week: 38
Job Grade Level: Seven (7)
DUCA exists to help people do more, be more and achieve more with their money and their lives. We’re driven by a co-operative philosophy that puts our Members (and Owners) at the centre of every decision we make, gives them a voice in how we’re run, and rewards them for their loyalty by sharing our profits.
At DUCA, we’re dedicated to creating a positive environment where our employees have growth and development opportunities, a healthy work/life balance, opportunities to give back to the community, and a focus on doing what is right for our Members. DUCA offers a competitive total compensation package including base salary, a short-term incentive (bonus) program, a comprehensive benefits program, pension plan, and employee banking benefits.
DUCA is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment related accommodations will be provided upon request.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their application. Applications must include both a resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.