Senior Manager, Employee Communications & Events
Senior Manager, Employee Communications & Events
DUCA is looking for a creative and dynamic internal communications professional to join our team!
Job Purpose & Summary
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, People & Culture, the Senior Managaer, Employee Communications & Events will lead the development and execution of the overall employee communications strategy for DUCA, manage key internal communication channels, provide communications counsel and support to leadership and key stakeholders, design and implement programs, events and initiatives to foster a positive culture, and develop strategies and content to engage employees in achieving DUCA’s strategic priorities.
Key Accountabilities & Duties
- Own all aspects of a sophisticated employee communication strategy and related programs while developing a long-term vision and annual plan to support DUCA’s strategic objectives and culture imperatives
- Develop and manage an employee communications measurement framework to continually evaluate the effectiveness of employee communications plans and tactics
- Work closely with the CEO and Executive Leadership Team to manage employee-facing CEO communications, including presentations, town halls, CEO blog, quarterly business result updates, etc.
- Provide strategic communications planning counsel and expertise to the People & Culture team to support key workplace programs and initiatives, driving an integrated/proactive approach to communications across channels/platforms and enhancing employee engagement
- Provide strategic communications counsel and expertise to leadership and other business partners for key organizational initiatives and projects, ensuring alignment with DUCA’s overall messaging, strategic goals, and cultural imperatives
- Own the overall governance and content strategy for the company intranet and oversee the creation of content (articles, blogs, video, photos) to drive employee engagement, reinforce strategic objectives and build a positive culture
- Lead the development of the company intranet’s governance framework and creation of success criteria; ensure the company intranet is delivering on its success criteria
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to develop DUCA’s employee value proposition and recruitment marketing strategy; oversee the creation of integrated content on internal platforms, social media sites, and for live events (e.g. career fairs, recruitment presentations) to promote a consistent employer brand that positions DUCA as a top employer
- Build and manage relationships with key organizational stakeholders (e.g. ELT, marketing, operations, retail) to create consistency of brand messaging and enable a cohesive and consistent approach to employee communications across DUCA that enhances organizational effectiveness and drives employee engagement
- Lead the planning and execution of key employee events, including the annual DUCA Day, including the oversight of budgeting, messaging and content development, logistics, vendor management, etc.
- Lead applicable working groups in an engaging and inclusive manner (e.g. social committee)
- Lead, coach, and develop the employee communications team
- Stay abreast of employee communications trends and best practices to continuously improve the employee communications function at DUCA
Occupational Experience & Education Requirements
- Post-secondary degree in Communications, Journalism, or a related field
- 5-7 years professional experience in internal/corporate/employee communications, including building and scaling an internal communications function in a high-growth environment
- Experience leading and developing people
- Experience within a fast-paced, performance-based financial institution or similar professional environment
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Proven experience building and leading an internal communications function
- Superior writing and editing skills with proven experience developing and editing executive messages, presentations and briefing documents
- Extensive knowledge of communications concepts, practices, and technology, including branding and social media, with well-developed written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Knowledge of the Canadian Press Style Guide
- Knowledge of effective event management practices and experience leading large-scale events
- Strong budget management skills
- A dynamic thought leader who is strategic, creative, collaborative, and detail oriented
- Knowledge of HR concepts and practices, including employee engagement, organizational culture and talent acquisition to support the development of HR messaging and initiatives
- Strong business acumen and strategic planning abilities to develop effective and integrated communication plans and align organizational messages to strategic objectives
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage stakeholders and multiple priorities in a high-pressure and deadline-driven environment
- Superior relationship building and influencing skills, with an ability to influence employees at all levels, and to partner with senior executives on complex, and often time-sensitive, initiatives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and various communications tools and programs (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, SharePoint)
- Change management experience an asset
This position works in a fast-paced office environment and may be required to travel to branch locations on an infrequent basis. Standard work week of 38 hours with additional time required to meet deadlines and project deliverables.
Department: People & Culture
Primary Location: Corporate Office - 5255 Yonge Street, North York, ON
Employment Status: Full-time
Hours per Week: 38 hours
Job Grade Level: 9
DUCA exists to help people do more, be more and achieve more with their money and their lives. We’re driven by a co-operative philosophy that puts our Members (and Owners) at the centre of every decision we make, gives them a voice in how we’re run, and rewards them for their loyalty by sharing our profits.
At DUCA, we’re dedicated to creating a positive environment where our employees have growth and development opportunities, a healthy work/life balance, opportunities to give back to the community, and a focus on doing what is right for our Members. DUCA offers a competitive total compensation package including base salary, a short-term incentive (bonus) program, a comprehensive benefits program, pension plan, and employee banking benefits.
DUCA is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment related accommodations will be provided upon request.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their application. Applications must include both a resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.