Senior Business System Analyst
Senior Business System Analyst
Job Purpose & Summary
Reporting to the AVP, Application Services, the Senior Business System Analyst provides complex system analysis, software deployment, testing and application support on projects, enhancements and operations related to one or more business system applications including core banking. The Senior Business System Analyst will lead business projects related to the core banking system and other business applications by consulting with business partners and colleagues to identify user requirements, perform business processes and systems analysis, assess process improvement opportunities, and help develop overall project solutions.
This role is also considered a subject matter expert in the business processes(es) their assigned business system(s) support. The Senior Business System Analyst will also act as a third level of escalation for the technical support team.
Key Accountabilities & Duties
- Involved in business projects, and manage and prioritize the project queue of system development projects to support strategic business projects and business optimization
- Lead meetings with various partners in the business and use business analyst techniques and methodologies to gather business and technical requirements for a project
- Involved with project development queue and communicate with the business to ensure needs are being met based on project criteria
- Coordinate with stakeholders within the business, third parties, and vendors to develop and implement technical changes or updates
- Participate in projects as an IT resource and complete IT related takeaways and communicate updates and findings to stakeholders
- Provide project level analysis – producing required project analysis documentation (business requirements, scope matrix, use cases, sequence diagrams, future state proposals, UAT plan)
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions, identifying business needs, determining and carrying out necessary processes, practices, monitoring progress and results
- Understand and be able to translate or clearly explain business and technical requirements to software developers and business executives
- Perform data extraction and analysis from DUCA’s core banking system and other business applications
- Maintain a foundational understanding of DUCA’s databases and record structure; advise DUCA executives on reporting and analytical capabilities
- Manage DUCA’s internal change management processes for changes to assigned business systems
- Work with project managers, business analysts, programmers, and system architects to complete high priority system technical issues
- Manage system releases (content, organizational impacts, etc.) and schedule
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to ensure that system releases and updates are free from errors and satisfy end user requirements
- Provide third level technical support for assigned business applications, including database updates and third-party interfaces
Occupational Experience & Education Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Technology, or a related field
- Business Analysis Training or Certification
- 5 years’ experience in a Banking System Analyst or Business Analyst role
- 2-3 years’ experience working with a banking system
- Experience in a financial institution or credit union considered an asset
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Strong understanding of Business Process Management
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication Skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Experience with requirements management
- Keen to understand and learn unfamiliar processes
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Good knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience with Relational Databases
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Web Service troubleshooting
- Experience with Business Process Management tools (e.g.. Visio)
- Experience supporting Central 1 Member Direct or another Online Banking System
- Understanding of ITIL Framework
- Project Management Experience
- Understanding of Applications that Integrate with a Core Banking System. Eg LOS XML (Extensible Markup Language)
This position is required to work weekends and nights as necessary to ensure all business applications used in the end-to-end Member sales and services processes are available 24-7 and to support after regular business hours deployments of new systems, patches, fixes, and/or other enhancements.
Primary Location: 5255 Yonge Street, North York, ON
Employment Status: Full-Time
Hours per Week: 38
Job Grade Level: Seven (7)
DUCA exists to help people do more, be more and achieve more with their money and their lives. We’re driven by a co-operative philosophy that puts our Members (and Owners) at the centre of every decision we make, gives them a voice in how we’re run, and rewards them for their loyalty by sharing our profits.
At DUCA, we’re dedicated to creating a positive environment where our employees have growth and development opportunities, a healthy work/life balance, opportunities to give back to the community, and a focus on doing what is right for our Members. DUCA offers a competitive total compensation package including base salary, a short-term incentive (bonus) program, a comprehensive benefits program, pension plan, and employee banking benefits.
DUCA is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment related accommodations will be provided upon request.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their application. Applications must include both a resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.