Senior Risk Management Analyst
Senior Risk Management Analyst
Job Purpose & Summary
Reporting to the AVP, Commercial Credit, the Senior Risk Management Analyst will contribute to DUCA’s risk management related to the Commercial Lending portfolio by conducting comprehensive reviews and analysis of new credit deals received from the Commercial Lending team and making recommendations for adjudication to the AVP, Commercial Credit. The Senior Risk Management Analyst will also be responsible for quality assurance, portfolio monitoring, reporting, and project coordination.
Key Accountabilities & Duties
- Assist in the end to end adjudication process for new credits and annual reviews in accordance to DUCA credit policy and guidelines. This includes reviewing due diligence documents (e.g. appraisals, environmental reports, lease agreements, industry reports etc.), checking financial spreadsheets, risk rating, financial models and sensitivity analysis
- Independently conduct detailed analysis on new credits and annual reviews and provide recommendation for credit adjudication and reasons to support recommendation
- Perform analysis and provide reporting to management on the commercial credit portfolio. Determine performance and risk associated with various segments of the commercial credit portfolio, such as by deal type or industry. Make recommendations on potential changes to portfolio make-up.
- Use sound credit judgement to assess, analyze and present well-written recommendations for adjudication on new deals and annual reviews
- Checking and reviewing commitment letters and construction draw requests.
- Undertake quality assurance reviews on commercial credit portfolio, track audit action items and coordinate with stakeholders (lenders, funding team, analysts, adjudication team)
- Prepare reports and presentation for Credit Committees, senior management and Board of Directors in commercial credit risk management and enterprise risk management
- Act as a coordinator for various project initiatives, as assigned by credit management (e.g. policy review, process improvement etc.)
Occupational Experience & Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business/finance/economics. Pursuing or having a Master’s level degree or other related designations (CFA, FRM, CA etc.) are considered an asset.
- 3-5 years of work experience in commercial lending or real estate lending, or related field
- Previous experience with financial statement analysis
- Knowledge and/or experience of Real Estate secured lending.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge of different lending products and sound lending practices
- Knowledge of the commercial real estate sector considered an asset
- Ability to analyze financial statements and perform meaningful financial analysis
- Ability to articulate complex problems into succinct analysis
- Ability to critically assess credit application and demonstrate credit judgement.
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Client-focused mindset drive to do what is best for our Members
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Normal office environment
Department: Commercial Credit
Primary Location: 5255 Yonge Street, North York
Employment Status: Full-time
Hours per Week: 38
Job Grade Level: Seven (7)
DUCA exists to help people do more, be more and achieve more with their money and their lives. We’re driven by a co-operative philosophy that puts our Members (and Owners) at the centre of every decision we make, gives them a voice in how we’re run, and rewards them for their loyalty by sharing our profits.
At DUCA, we’re dedicated to creating a positive environment where our employees have growth and development opportunities, a healthy work/life balance, opportunities to give back to the community, and a focus on doing what is right for our Members. DUCA offers a competitive total compensation package including base salary, a short-term incentive (bonus) program, a comprehensive benefits program, pension plan, and employee banking benefits.
DUCA is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment related accommodations will be provided upon request.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their application. Applications must include both a resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.