Senior Manager, Commercial Finance
Senior Manager, Commercial Finance
Job Purpose & Summary
The Senior Manager, Commercial Finance is responsible for independently developing new business and managing a loan portfolio and client relationships related to commercial loans and/ or hotel construction financing, as well as helping DUCA achieve its risk objectives and financial targets.
Responsible for a loan portfolio of up to $100MM, this role will lead a deal team consisting of Account Managers and/or Analysts in achieving Member relationship, retention, and loan growth targets.
Key Accountabilities & Duties
- Develop and maintain a profitable commercial loan portfolio of complex loans valued between $1MM-$30MM which include general commercial loans, commercial mortgages and participation in loans led by other credit unions or FIs.
- Source new loan applications by soliciting existing and potential clients and other financial intermediaries.
- Review and underwrite commercial credit applications providing products and services which meet the clients’ needs while adhering to DUCA’s lending policies and practices.
- Actively monitor the loan portfolio to ensure accounts are operating as authorized and take measures necessary to remedy non-performing assets.
- Manage a team Commercial Finance specialists; review, amend, and sign-off on all credit applications submitted by the team ensuring adherence to all DUCA lending policies and procedures
- Act as a coach and mentor for their team, develop employee skills and capabilities in the areas of Member relationships, internal practices and approach, and building a personal branch across the organization
- Manage and oversee credit expiries within their assigned portfolio to ensure the process is being proactively managed and that DUCA remains within the credit expiry limits established by our credit policies
- Assign annual new business targets within their team and ensure individual and collective targets are met
- Maintain strong understanding of DUCA’s Credit Policy and keep abreast of changes
Occupational Experience & Education Requirements
- Completion of university degree in Business, Finance or a related field
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in relationship management and/or commercial credit adjudication
- People management experience
- Sales management experience an asset
- Experience with financing for special use properties such as hotels, senior and/or student residences considered an asset
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite with strong knowledge of Excel.
- Problem solving and issue resolution skills
- Effective team player and ability to work well within a group setting
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
Regular travel required for site visits and to meet with clients.
Department: Commercial Lending
Primary Location: Corporate Office - 5255 Yonge Street, North York
Employment Status: Full-Time
Hours per Week: 38
Job Grade Level: Nine (9)
DUCA exists to help people do more, be more and achieve more with their money and their lives. We’re driven by a co-operative philosophy that puts our Members (and Owners) at the centre of every decision we make, gives them a voice in how we’re run, and rewards them for their loyalty by sharing our profits.
At DUCA, we’re dedicated to creating a positive environment where our employees have growth and development opportunities, a healthy work/life balance, opportunities to give back to the community, and a focus on doing what is right for our Members. DUCA offers a competitive total compensation package including base salary, a short-term incentive (bonus) program, a comprehensive benefits program, pension plan, and employee banking benefits.
DUCA is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment related accommodations will be provided upon request.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their application. Applications must include both a resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.