Senior Account Manager, Commercial Finance - Hamilton Area
Senior Account Manager, Commercial Finance - Hamilton
DUCA is looking for an experienced Senior Account Manager, Commercial Finance to help build our business in the Hamilton area!
Job Purpose & Summary
The Senior Account Manager, Commercial Finance will be responsible for independently developing new business and managing a loan portfolio and client relationships, in general commercial, term and/or construction financing, as well as helping DUCA achieve its risk objectives and financial targets.
Key Accountabilities & Duties
- Develop and maintain a profitable commercial real estate portfolio of complex loans valued between $3MM-$30MM which include general commercial loans, term real estate loans, construction financing and participations in loans led by other credit unions or FIs.
- Source new loan applications by soliciting existing and potential clients and other financial intermediaries.
- Review and underwrite commercial credit applications providing products and services which meet the clients’ needs while adhering to DUCA’s lending policies and practices.
- Actively monitor the loan portfolio to ensure accounts are operating as authorized and take measures necessary to remedy non-performing assets.
Occupational Experience & Education Requirements
- Completion of university degree in Business, Finance or a related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in relationship management and/or commercial credit adjudication.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite with strong knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with financial analysis of construction loans for residential/commercial development and other interim financing considered an asset
- Experience with financing for special use properties such as hotels, senior and/or student residences considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Computer literate, high proficiency in excel.
- Problem solving and issue resolution skills.
- Effective team player and ability to work well within a group setting.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
Frequent travel required for site visits and to meet with clients.
Department: Commercial Finance
Primary Location: Hamilton, ON
Employment Status: Full-time
Hours per Week: 38
Job Grade Level: 8
DUCA exists to help people do more, be more and achieve more with their money and their lives. We’re driven by a co-operative philosophy that puts our Members (and Owners) at the centre of every decision we make, gives them a voice in how we’re run, and rewards them for their loyalty by sharing our profits.
At DUCA, we’re dedicated to creating a positive environment where our employees have growth and development opportunities, a healthy work/life balance, opportunities to give back to the community, and a focus on doing what is right for our Members. DUCA offers a competitive total compensation package including base salary, a short-term incentive (bonus) program, a comprehensive benefits program, pension plan, and employee banking benefits.
DUCA is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment related accommodations will be provided upon request.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their application. Applications must include both a resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.