Account Manager, Construction Financing
Account Manager, Construction Finance
We're looking for an Account Manager to join our Commercial/Construction Finance team at DUCA's Corporate Office in North York.
Job Purpose & Summary
Reporting to the AVP, Construction Finance the Account Manager, Construction Finance will be responsible for managing a loan portfolio, in construction financing, as well as helping DUCA achieve its risk objectives and financial targets.
Key Accountabilities & Duties
- Develop and maintain a profitable portfolio of commercial real estate loans valued between $5MM-$35MM which include term real estate loans, construction financing and participations in loans led by other credit unions or FIs.
- Manage business relationships with existing and potential clients and other financial intermediaries.
- Review and underwrite commercial credit applications providing products and services while adhering to DUCA’s lending policies and practices.
- Actively monitor the loan portfolio to ensure accounts are operating as authorized and take measures necessary to remedy non-performing assets.
Occupational Experience & Education Requirements
- Completion of university degree in Business, Finance or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in real estate lending
- Experience with financial analysis of construction loans for residential/commercial development and other interim financing.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite with strong knowledge of Excel and Word
- Problem solving and issue resolution skills.
- Effective team player and ability to work well within a group setting.
- Developed negotiating and influencing skills.
Normal office environment plus regular travel required for site visits and to meet with clients
Department: Commercial Finance
Primary Location: 5255 Yonge St., North York, ON
Employment Status: Full-time
Hours per Week: 38
Job Grade Level: 7
DUCA exists to help people do more, be more and achieve more with their money and their lives. We’re driven by a co-operative philosophy that puts our Members (and Owners) at the centre of every decision we make, gives them a voice in how we’re run, and rewards them for their loyalty by sharing our profits.
At DUCA, we’re dedicated to creating a positive environment where our employees have growth and development opportunities, a healthy work/life balance, opportunities to give back to the community, and a focus on doing what is right for our Members. DUCA offers a competitive total compensation package including base salary, a short-term incentive (bonus) program, a comprehensive benefits program, pension plan, and employee banking benefits.
DUCA is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment related accommodations will be provided upon request.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their application. Applications must include both a resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.