Human Resources Business Partner
Human Resources Business Partner
Job Purpose & Summary
Reporting to the Director, Organizational Development & HRBP, the HR Business Partner provides strategic and tactical business partner support to managers across the organization. The HR Business Partner is responsible for providing leadership and strategic consulting to managers on HR matters and directing managers on the interpretation and administration of corporate HR policies and programs. The HR Business Partner stays abreast of social, economic, legal and other trends which may impact the business or direction of HR policies and programs.
Through strong partnerships, the HR Business Partner will gain deep insight into the operations and business of client groups, including strategy, talent levels, opportunities and challenges. The incumbent will apply operational knowledge and business acumen to provide HR best practice solutions and will mentor and provide direction (where applicable) to HR Associates and other members of the People & Culture team.
Key Accountabilities & Duties
- Consult and advise business partners on effective compensation decisions
- Ensure the communication and execution of “pay for performance” and other aspects of DUCA’s compensation philosophy
- Maintain business partnerships by participating in the business planning process and implementing people strategies to support major initiatives
- Assist with the needs assessment and determination of management and leadership training for business areas
- Participate in key business projects to assess people impacts and assist business leaders to transition to future state
- Develop trusting and collaborative relationships with the business leaders; become an integral member of those teams as a trusted advisor
- Ensure work environments and workplace practices promote a positive employee relations environment, free of discrimination, harassment, or any form of unfair or unethical practice
- Conduct investigations and complete related documentation, handle employee relations matters, ensuring objective evaluation and resolution of matters consistent with legislation, common law, and DUCA’s organizational culture
- Review and monitor the performance management process to ensure quality, timeliness and effectiveness
- Provide consulting in effective employee performance management practices
Employee Engagement /Talent Management:
- Supports the business as they execute a “right person, right job, right time” strategy
- Supports the identification and execution of strategies to mitigate the risk of turnover of “key” talent
- Implement tools to better understand organizational talent
- Support leaders to identify engagement opportunities, people development needs and appropriate solutions (exposure plans, career broadening, coaching, mentoring)
- Coach leaders to hold effective career development conversations, provide positive and constructive feedback, and to recognize and engage teams
Staffing and Recruitment:
- Assist managers in the design of jobs and/or facilitate the identification of core competencies and skill requirements
- Acting as the HR advisor for the social committee and taking an active role on the committee as required.
Occupational Experience & Education Requirements
- Five or more years of HR business partner experience
- Experience coaching and consulting with people managers of various levels
- Previous experience in the financial industry considered an asset
- CHRL or equivalent considered an asset
- Experience with change management considered an asset
- Experience using an HRIS system considered an asset
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- A dynamic-forward thinking Human Resources Professional with a track record of helping organizations grow and change at a rapid pace
- Problem solving approach is ‘organizational centric’
- In-depth knowledge of performance management, job design, organizational structure, employee relations, employment law, and compensation
- Highly developed leadership and project management skills
- You have a solid track record of building relationships at all levels and are proactive and responsive
- You effectively manage stressful situations with empathy and integrity
- You have strong judgement and communication skills
- Thrives in a growing and evolving HR team and organization
- You make decisions based on facts and data, while also remaining open to different ideas and solutions
- Advanced employee relations and investigation skills
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- You have a sense of humour and can laugh at yourself!
Normal office environment. Some travel within the GTA may be required.
Department: People & Culture
Primary Location: Head Office - 5290 Yonge St., North York, ON
Employment Status: Full-time
Hours per Week: 38
Job Grade Level: 7
DUCA exists to help people do more, be more and achieve more with their money and their lives. We’re driven by a co-operative philosophy that puts our Members (and Owners) at the centre of every decision we make, gives them a voice in how we’re run, and rewards them for their loyalty by sharing our profits.
At DUCA, we’re dedicated to creating a positive environment where our employees have growth and development opportunities, a healthy work/life balance, opportunities to give back to the community, and a focus on doing what is right for our Members. DUCA offers a competitive total compensation package including base salary, a short-term incentive (bonus) program, a comprehensive benefits program, pension plan, and employee banking benefits.
DUCA is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment related accommodations will be provided upon request.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their application. Applications must include both a resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.