Commercial Administration Officer
Commercial Administration Officer
We're looking for a Commercial Administration Officer to join our Commercial Funding & Administation team at DUCA's Head Office in North York!
Job Purpose & Summary
The Commercial Administration Officer provides support to the Commercial Administration, Funding, and Analyst teams by keeping files and data organized and up-to-date, obtaining documents for files, and preparing letters and documentation.
Key Accountabilities & Duties
- Prepare BLOC acknowledgments and Covenant breach letters
- Collect insurance policies by contacting brokers
- Conduct sub-searches, purviews, corporate profile searches and order tax certificates
- Register PPSA renewals
- Liaise and maintain positive relations with borrowers, lenders, brokers, insurers, external vendors, and other departments for any information requests;
- Maintain and develop controls to ensure the integrity of the mortgage loan system and the accuracy of information.
- Calculate all CSBF quarterly administration fees and yearly reconciliation reporting to Revenue Canada
- Prepare payouts and discharge documentation, administer partial principal reductions and full release of loan security for review and approval by Manager, Commercial Funding and Chief Risk Officer, send final documents to lawyer, prepare paid out files for shipment to Iron Mountain.
- Act as first point-of-contact, collections, for commercial Members, including following up regarding NSF cheques and generating reports
- Assist Credit Managers, Senior Manager, Special Accounts and Risk Management Analysts with data cleanup and reporting
- Assist with archiving old and discharged files
- Maintain accurate data for reporting purposes with both physical and electronic files;
- Work closely with Manager, Commercial Funding & Administration and Senior Commercial Administrator to complete various projects to organize credit department files and banking system
Occupational Experience & Education Requirements
- 1-2 years’ experience in mortgage administration, preferred
- Post-secondary education in a related field (Business administration, Finances, etc.);
- Strong commitment to high level of customer service;
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Familiarity with commercial/residential mortgage loan documents would be an asset;
- Knowledge of mortgage-backed securities would be an asset;
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to meet stringent turnaround times as necessary;
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Intermediate experience with Outlook, Excel and Word are necessary.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Good time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Normal office environment
Department: Commercial Funding & Administration
Primary Location: DUCA Head Office - Toronto (North York)
Employment Status: Full-time
Hours per Week: 38
Job Grade Level: 2
DUCA exists to help people do more, be more and achieve more with their money and their lives. We’re driven by a co-operative philosophy that puts our Members (and Owners) at the centre of every decision we make, gives them a voice in how we’re run, and rewards them for their loyalty by sharing our profits.
At DUCA, we’re dedicated to creating a positive environment where our employees have growth and development opportunities, a healthy work/life balance, opportunities to give back to the community, and a focus on doing what is right for our Members. DUCA offers a competitive total compensation package including base salary, a short-term incentive (bonus) program, a comprehensive benefits program, pension plan, and employee banking benefits.
DUCA is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment related accommodations will be provided upon request.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their application. Applications must include both a resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.