Project Manager, Operations & Service Delivery
Project Manager, Operations & Service Delivery
Job Purpose & Summary
The Project Manager’s primary mandate is to provide expertise and oversee high-priority, complex projects, often requiring high levels of cross-functional integration. Beginning with management of the project initiation process, development and management of the project plan, and working with business leaders to develop business cases as needed; this position will manage and coordinate activities to ensure continued alignment and that project objectives are accomplished on schedule and within budget.
The Project Manager plays a key role in connecting the project to the business, supporting internal communications, and encouraging the need for change within the business. A key focus will be to support the development of business readiness activities thereby ensuring a smooth implementation into the business’ operations, enabling DUCA to realize the full benefits of the project.
Key Accountabilities & Duties
- Work collaboratively with business leads, and internal and external partners, to manage multiple, complex, cross-functional projects related to DUCA’s strategic initiatives; this may involve the development of the business case in support of the project as required
- Manage all aspects of the project from initiation through to outcome evaluation, working with the sponsor and assigned project resources to define scope, build high level and detailed plans, and implement deliverables; escalating issues or conflicting priorities where necessary
- Develop detailed work plans, and associated documentation to report and track project progress and budget
- Provide frequent verbal and written progress reports on the status of the project to multiple stakeholders including the Project Team, Executive Leadership Team, Business teams and the Board
- Report on project milestones and risks and issues to the Project Sponsor and consult on new initiatives that may impact strategic direction
- Develop recommendations and detailed implementation plans to support a smooth implementation and transition to the new operating environment
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships regarding project deliverables, optimizing the timing of implementation to minimize disruption and maximize benefit realization
- Establish an approach and appropriate metrics to track project benefits and outcomes; evaluate overall project implementation, business impact, and realized benefits
- In partnership with functional business owner(s), identify the activities needed to ensure the continued accrual of benefits are achieved and measured after the project has been completedAs part of the overall project approach, define/develop transition approaches to ensure employees remain focused and the changes are positively and effectively integrated into day to day business operations.
Occupational Experience & Education Requirements
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- Project Management or Organizational Change Management designation, or equivalent work experience
- 4-7 years’ experience in leading strategic, complex, and high-value projects
- 5 years’ experience in a financial services or related industry
- Experience managing projects related to digitization or automating workflows within the financial industry considered an asset
- Experience in business case development and cost/benefit analysis
- Previous experience with projects focused around information systems and business process re-engineering considered an asset
- Experience in organizational design, effectiveness, or business change an asset
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Prior experience in all aspects of project management including end to end analysis and performance consulting
- Demonstrated ability to apply a project management discipline to business solutions with a strong change management orientation
- A proactive, self-manager with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, with demonstrated success in delivering large, complex projects across an organization on time and within budget and scope
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build a shared vision with project teams, leading them to deliver project outcomes without having formal people management responsibility
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with individuals across a variety of business units and levels within the organization
- Ability to manage conflicting views while facilitating teams, leaders, and other stakeholders towards achievement of business outcomes
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify root causes, recommend approaches, and determine potential solutions
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Project and the full suite of Microsoft Office applications
- Normal office environment
- Occasional travel to DUCA branch locations
Department: Operations & Service Delivery
Primary Location: Head Office - 5290 Yonge St., North York, ON
Employment Status: Full-time
Hours per Week: 38
Job Grade Level: Nine (9)
DUCA exists to help people do more, be more and achieve more with their money and their lives. We’re driven by a co-operative philosophy that puts our Members (and Owners) at the centre of every decision we make, gives them a voice in how we’re run, and rewards them for their loyalty by sharing our profits.
At DUCA, we’re dedicated to creating a positive environment where our employees have growth and development opportunities, a healthy work/life balance, opportunities to give back to the community, and a focus on doing what is right for our Members. DUCA offers a competitive total compensation package including base salary, a short-term incentive (bonus) program, a comprehensive benefits program, pension plan, and employee banking benefits.
DUCA is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment related accommodations will be provided upon request.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their application. Applications must include both a resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.