Member Service Representative Full-Time
Member Service Representative (Full-Time)
DUCA is currently looking for a Full-Time Member Service Representative (MSR) to join our dynamic Rexdale Branch!
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about delivering outstanding customer service and enjoys working with a team to achieve objectives! We are looking for driven, organized individuals who thrive on interacting with customers, and are committed to helping Members by identifying opportunities through communication and inquiry. MSR’s are curious about what Members need and want to know what they can do to help Members do more, be more, and achieve more with their money and their lives.
Job Purpose & Summary
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Member Service Representative provides outstanding customer service that is accurate, timely, and efficient. MSRs partner with other members of the branch team to collaborate and deliver the best solutions to help our Members achieve their financial goals. The MSR acts as a representative of DUCA and greets Members when they arrive and ensure they feel welcome.
MSR’s also uncover opportunities where we can better help DUCA Members, and potential Members, with our fantastic array of banking solutions and services. Once they identify the opportunity, the MSR figures out who can best help the Member whether it be themselves or a DUCA advisor (Financial Services Officer). They will always follow up to ensure the Member was taken care of once they have referred.
As for the day-to-day responsibilities, the MSR will maintain cash balances, list and balance outgoing cheques, and balance all daily transactions. The MSR will ensure they are aware of, and adhere to, operating procedures and policies to safeguard the assets of the organization and the member.
Key Accountabilities & Duties
- Provide outstanding service to Members (both at the front counter and/or by phone), answer inquiries and always strive to increase Member satisfaction through service provided. The objective is to delight the member.
- Making outbound awareness and service follow up calls to members
- Handle Member requests for deposits, withdrawals, transfers, and other basic transactions
- Promote DUCA’s services by explaining benefits and features of DUCA solutions
- Identify and fulfill Members’ financial service needs, including cashing and certifying cheques, processing bill payments, ordering cheques, buying/selling foreign currencies, processing Member statements, identifying the need for travel insurance, processing RRSP and term deposit transactions, assisting Members in getting a debit card, and online banking set up
- Promotes DUCA products and services when a need or opportunity specific to the member is identified
- Having up front dialogue with members to identify unrealized needs. Proficient at “opportunity spotting”
- Make referrals to specialists and advisors as required
- Solve member issues and know when to escalate if required
- Participates in the counting of large cash deposits
- Rotate with staff to cover reception duties and tasks
- Assists with general office duties, processing and administration as required
Occupational Experience & Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Post-Secondary School Preferred)
- Experience helping Members or customers in either a bank or credit union for a minimum of 2 years considered an asset
- Previous experience with sales is considered an asset
- Cash handling experience
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Basic mathematical skills
- You have a desire to learn and grow
- Working directly with members and customers is what makes you tick
- You are a big fan of team work and demonstrate your enthusiasm for your job and member every day
- You are a terrific multi-tasker and can organize and prioritize other work while putting the member first
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You have a keen attention to detail and emotional intelligence.
Mon - Wed: 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
Thur: 9:30 am to 7:00 pm
Fri: 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
Department: Retail Banking
Primary Location: 2184 Kipling Avenue, Etobicoke, ON M9W 4K9
Employment Status: Full-Time/Permanent
Hours per Week: 38
Job Grade Level: Two (2)
DUCA exists to help people do more, be more and achieve more with their money and their lives. We’re driven by a co-operative philosophy that puts our Members (and Owners) at the centre of every decision we make, gives them a voice in how we’re run, and rewards them for their loyalty by sharing our profits.
At DUCA, we’re dedicated to creating a positive environment where our employees have growth and development opportunities, a healthy work/life balance, opportunities to give back to the community, and a focus on doing what is right for our Members. DUCA offers a competitive total compensation package including base salary, a short-term incentive (bonus) program, a comprehensive benefits program, pension plan, and employee banking benefits.
DUCA is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment related accommodations will be provided upon request.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their application. Applications must include both a resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.