Maintenance and Building Coordinator
Maintenance and Building Coordinator
DUCA is currently looking for a full-time Maintenance and Building Coordinator!
Job Purpose & Summary
Reporting to the Director, Procurement & Facilities, the Maintenance and Building Coordinator will assist in the daily facilities operations for DUCA in an effective and safe manner. The incumbent will be responsible for contributing to the effective maintenance and operation of DUCA buildings, building systems, grounds equipment, and hardware. By using efficient planning and scheduling, the Maintenance and Building Coordinator will ensure work is completed according to applicable regulations and standards, with minimal disruption of business.
Key Accountabilities & Duties
- Performing minor maintenance and repairs to all DUCA premises including Head Office and branches. This includes but is not limited to: painting, changing out lights, and mounting of wall accessories.
- Coordinating and supervising the activities of Third-Party Vendor’s / Contractors.
- Reviewing, implementing and monitoring of operations, procedures and practices related to facilities, including preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensuring the smooth functioning and code compliance with relevant legislative requirements of all designated facilities, including equipment and systems.
- Participating in a wide variety of committee meetings by attending departmental, health and safety, and project planning meetings as a representative of the department.
- Anticipating financial and business requirements and ensuring effective use of resources.
- Making recommendations and providing reports to senior management related to facilities and building operations.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with tenants and internal customers.
- Effectively managing issues and risks while operating efficiently and prioritizing work to ensure deadlines and timetables are met.
- Ensuring a positive employee and Member experience during the completion of maintenance work and in responding to maintenance requests.
Occupational Experience & Education Requirements
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- Three (3) years of experience in Facilities Operations, with responsibility for the control of labor, and work managements, and exposure to working with budgets
- Strong commitment to health and safety principles and knowledge of relevant legislation
- Experience in a non-voluntary building trade (Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC Technician, Facilities Technician) considered an asset
- Experience supervising complex maintenance and repair tasks and planning and organizing the proper performance of a variety of construction projects
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Strong planning, organization, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite of products, including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to build strong relationships, establish trust and respect with team members and stakeholders across the organization
- Strong business acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates customer focus
- Valid Ontario “G” class driver’s license and daily access to a vehicle
- Frequent travel within the GTA required
Primary Location: Head Office/Various
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours per Week: 38
Job Grade Level: Four (4)
DUCA exists to help people do more, be more and achieve more with their money and their lives. We’re driven by a co-operative philosophy that puts our Members (and Owners) at the centre of every decision we make, gives them a voice in how we’re run, and rewards them for their loyalty by sharing our profits.
At DUCA, we’re dedicated to creating a positive environment where our employees have growth and development opportunities, a healthy work/life balance, opportunities to give back to the community, and a focus on doing what is right for our Members. DUCA offers a competitive total compensation package including base salary, a short-term incentive (bonus) program, a comprehensive benefits program, pension plan, and employee banking benefits.
DUCA is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment related accommodations will be provided upon request.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their application. Applications must include both a resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.