Business System Analyst
Business System Analyst
Job Purpose & Summary
Reporting to the Manager, Business Systems Analysts, the Business System Analyst provides system analysis, software deployment, testing and application support on projects, enhancements and operations related to one or more business system applications (e.g. Core Banking System, Account Opening/Loan Origination System, Customer Relationship Management System, etc.). The Business System Analyst collaborates with business partners and colleagues to identify user requirements, perform business process and systems analysis, assess process improvement opportunities, and support overall project solutions. In addition, this role is considered a subject matter expert in the business process(es) their assigned system(s) supports.
The ideal candidate for this role is detail oriented with strong analytical and communication skills. Experience working in the financial services industry is considered an asset.
Key Accountabilities & Duties
- Lead requirements gathering and analysis
- Propose solutions based on user and system requirements
- Assess the impact of the proposed business requirements on the systems and collaborate with 3rd party technical specialists to propose solutions
- Manage system enhancements, upgrades and staff access
- Manage implementation of application software releases
- Document system business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Document system data and process flows
- Lead and/or participate in application functional testing, acceptance testing and end-user training
- Provide subject matter support to business and IT projects
- Manage system change requests
- Write and manage queries on the system database
- Provide second level technical support to employees for applications, third party integration points and databases
- Monitor vendor ticketing systems and ensure all issues are accurately and timely documented
- Use strong communication skills to clearly explain both the concept and details of new functionality or new processes to business stakeholders
- Assist with the development of metrics within system related technology and business organizations
Occupational Experience & Education Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Technology or a related field
- Business Analysis Training or Certification
- 2-3 years in a related position (i.e. Business Analysis or Banking Systems Analyst role)
- Prior experience working with a Banking System and other banking applications
- Credit Union or other Financial Institution experience, considered an asset
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Strong understanding of Business Process Management
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Requirements Management
- Keen to understand and learn unfamiliar processes
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Good knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience with Relational Databases
- High level Microsoft Excel Knowledge
- Business Process Management tools (e.g. Visio)
- Web Service troubleshooting
- XML (Extensible Markup Language)
- Understanding of ITIL Framework, considered an asset
This position may be required to work weekends and nights as necessary to ensure all business applications used in the end-to-end Member sales and services processes are available 24-7 and to support after regular business hours deployments of new systems, patches, fixes, and/or other enhancements
Primary Location: Head Office - 5290 Yonge St., North York, ON
Employment Status: Full-Time
Hours per Week: 38
Job Grade Level: Six (6)
DUCA exists to help people do more, be more and achieve more with their money and their lives. We’re driven by a co-operative philosophy that puts our Members (and Owners) at the centre of every decision we make, gives them a voice in how we’re run, and rewards them for their loyalty by sharing our profits.
At DUCA, we’re dedicated to creating a positive environment where our employees have growth and development opportunities, a healthy work/life balance, opportunities to give back to the community, and a focus on doing what is right for our Members. DUCA offers a competitive total compensation package including base salary, a short-term incentive (bonus) program, a comprehensive benefits program, pension plan, and employee banking benefits.
DUCA is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment related accommodations will be provided upon request.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their application. Applications must include both a resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.