AVP, Strategic Channel Partnerships
AVP, Strategic Channel Partnerships
Job Purpose & Summary
Reporting to the SVP, Business & Personal Banking, the AVP, Strategic Channel Partnerships is responsible for developing a network of strategic referral and distribution partnerships for DUCA products and services in multiple fields, including Investment Companies, Managing General Agencies (MGAs) and Financial Advisors in the investment community.
The primary mandate of this role is to establish DUCA as a primary Financial Institution of choice for referral business and distribution partnership arrangements with Financial Advisors to provide product and services to their clients, supporting the Retail Banking channel’s growth by driving new lending and deposit business. The AVP, Channel Partnerships is responsible for the development and ongoing management of a growing distribution channel for DUCA focused on referral relationships and strategic distribution partnerships. The AVP, Strategic Channel Partnerships will also be responsible for achieving specific partner, volume, and productivity targets.
Key Accountabilities & Duties
- Identify, develop, design and negotiate referral relationships and distribution partnerships with Investment Companies, MGAs, Financial Advisors (and other partners as appropriate) to drive lending and deposit growth
- Collaborate with DUCA Leadership team to define and develop partnership programs, including compensation models, Financial Advisor on-boarding requirements, and assist in the development and execution of go-to-market strategies through partner analysis
- Track, report, and optimize the performance of partnerships, creating discipline around pipeline management including forecasting, consistency, and accountability for high performance
- Collaborate with marketing to increase engagement with partners through campaigns and events and to achieve sales and relationship targets
- Establish, manage and meet or exceed key volume objectives for lending, deposit, and ancillary products
- Provide regular reporting of goals, plans, expectations and performance metrics
- Communicate regularly with Financial Advisors and partners to promote the DUCA brand, products, services, and value proposition
- Manage and maintain positive relationships with Financial Advisors and partners, resolving any issues or concerns immediately
- Educate Financial Advisors and partners on products, policies, rates and profitable business practices
- Assist in the education Financial Advisors and Partners on required process flow, product rules and documentation requirements
- Perform activities in a professional and proactive manner, while adhering to DUCA’s Code of Conduct and Ethical Sales Practices
- Monitor industry trends to identify opportunities for developing new products and services
- Provide market insights and industry trends to SVP, Business & Personal Banking
- Identify significant challenges and opportunities and proactively share feedback and recommendations
Occupational Experience & Education Requirements
- University/College degree in Business, or related field
- 5-10 years in Investment / Wealth Management industry
- 5-10 years in Sales and Customer Relationship Management
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- High level of business acumen; entrepreneurial mindset
- In-depth knowledge of retail banking environment including mortgage industry an asset
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to respond in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Able to manage multiple priorities, while still maintaining priorities
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Travel within Ontario required (primarily GTA)
Department: Retail Banking
Primary Location: Head Office - 5290 Yonge St., North York, ON
Employment Status: Full-time
Hours per Week: 38
Job Grade Level: 11
DUCA exists to help people do more, be more and achieve more with their money and their lives. We’re driven by a co-operative philosophy that puts our Members (and Owners) at the centre of every decision we make, gives them a voice in how we’re run, and rewards them for their loyalty by sharing our profits.
At DUCA, we’re dedicated to creating a positive environment where our employees have growth and development opportunities, a healthy work/life balance, opportunities to give back to the community, and a focus on doing what is right for our Members. DUCA offers a competitive total compensation package including base salary, a short-term incentive (bonus) program, a comprehensive benefits program, pension plan, and employee banking benefits.
DUCA is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment related accommodations will be provided upon request.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their application. Applications must include both a resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.