Talent Acquisition Specialist
Talent Acquisition Specialist
As part of DUCA’s small but mighty Talent Acquisition team, you will help drive DUCA’s growth and enable the business to achieve our exciting strategic objectives by helping hiring leaders select the best talent in the marketplace. Reporting to the Manager, Talent Acquisition, you will use a consultative and caring approach as you work with hiring leaders to understand their business, recruiting needs, and develop a relevant recruiting strategy. You will guide and support hiring managers through DUCA’s end-to-end recruitment process, including sourcing, phone interviews, the selection decision, and managing the offer process.
Our Talent Acquisition Specialists provide recommendations, support and advice on hiring best practices, recruiting policies, and ensuring alignment with DUCA’s values, vision, and strategic objectives. Our Talent Acquisition Specialists work across all areas of the business, including our retail branch banking positions, and Head Office roles at various levels.
The right fit for this full-time, permanent position is someone that is passionate about recruiting and dedicated to helping the business achieve its objectives. We’re open to considering either a developing talent acquisition professional who is dedicated to learning and growing, or a more seasoned talent acquisition professional who can bring significant expertise to DUCA.
- Lead comprehensive intake sessions with hiring managers to understand their business, the position requirements, set expectations, and recommend recruiting strategies
- Manage full life-cycle recruiting for all assigned positions, including job postings, candidate sourcing, screening, and short-listing with fulsome recommendations delivered to hiring managers
- Build pipelines of candidates and manage inbound applications from internal and external candidates in our applicant tracking system (TalentNest)
- Coordinate and/or conduct interviews and job fit assessments, and support hiring managers through the selection process with facilitated debrief meetings
- Provide coaching and guidance to hiring managers and interviewers on policies and best practices as needed
- Collaborate with hiring managers to craft and communicate DUCA’s value proposition to candidates effectively to attract top talent
- Manage the candidate offer process for assigned positions including compensation discussions, creating the offer letter, all pre-employment checks, and seamlessly transitioning new hires to our HR Operations team for onboarding
- Ensure an excellent experience for all candidates and hiring managers through every step of the recruitment process by providing regular updates, transparency, and a genuine sense of caring
- Reinforce DUCA’s commitment to providing fair and equitable recruitment and selection practices and ensure compliance with all hiring policies, practices, and DUCA’s values
- Have fun!
Our Ideal Candidate has…
- A post-secondary education in HR, Business, or related experience
- 2-5+ years of related experience, preferably with full-cycle recruitment experience
- Experience working with an e-recruiting or Applicant Tracking System
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Demonstrates positive attitude and passion for recruitment
- Strong sense of integrity, owning up to errors and taking accountability for actions/work
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to respectfully and tactfully interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Ability and willingness to work within the established recruiting process, including administrative steps and holding business partners accountable for following a consistent process
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to concisely document recommendations and push back or ask questions in a respectful way, when needed
- Demonstrated ability to take a consultative approach, build strong collaborative relationships, influence key stakeholders, and gain consensus to achieve goals
- Highly self-directed and solution-oriented with a high sense of urgency to deliver results and meet business deadlines
- Intellectual curiosity and critical thinking skills with the ability to quickly learn complex business functions
- Proven organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Multi-tasks successfully with a proven ability to prioritize and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing demands
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office products specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Passion for learning, growing, and developing, and sharing knowledge
Normal office environment.
Department: People & Culture
Primary Location: Head Office - 5290 Yonge St., North York, ON
Employment Status: Full-time
Hours per Week: 38
Job Grade Level: 5
DUCA exists to help people do more, be more and achieve more with their money and their lives. We’re driven by a co-operative philosophy that puts our Members (and Owners) at the centre of every decision we make, gives them a voice in how we’re run, and rewards them for their loyalty by sharing our profits.
At DUCA, we’re dedicated to creating a positive environment where our employees have growth and development opportunities, a healthy work/life balance, opportunities to give back to the community, and a focus on doing what is right for our Members. DUCA offers a competitive total compensation package including base salary, a short-term incentive (bonus) program, a comprehensive benefits program, pension plan, and employee banking benefits.
DUCA is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment related accommodations will be provided upon request.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their application. Applications must include both a resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.