Mobile Mortgage Specialist
Last Day to Apply: May 30, 2019
Mobile Mortgage Specialist
We are seeking Talented & Innovative Mobile Mortgage Specialists to join our ever-growing Mobile Mortgage Team in the Scarborough/Durham Regions!
WHO YOU ARE
A mortgage professional who thrives in an entrepreneurial setting. Self-motivation is second nature to you, in not only accomplishing but exceeding your goals. You put your Clients first, always going above and beyond, enabling them to secure their homes and their futures. You take pride in leveraging, developing and nurturing relationships with your Clients, colleagues and communities. Trust, integrity, and accountability are key pillars to your success and are highly valued by you.
WHO WE ARE
DUCA exists to help people Do more, Be more and Achieve more with their finances and their future. We’re driven by a co-operative philosophy, that puts our Members (and Owners) at the centre of every decision we make, gives them a voice in how we’re run, and rewards them for their loyalty by sharing our profits.
At DUCA, we’re dedicated to creating a positive environment where our employees have growth and development opportunities, a healthy work/life balance, opportunities to give back to the community, and a focus on doing what is right for our Members. DUCA offers a competitive total compensation package including a guaranteed base salary for the first 6-months of employment and then a 100% commission structure. It also includes a comprehensive benefits program, pension plan, and employee banking benefits.
Job Purpose & Summary
Leverage your mortgage expertise while utilizing relationship & network building skills and demonstrating your commitment to excellent customer service. Our Mobile Mortgage Specialists have a comprehensive understanding of their territory and market, the potential client base and continuously uncover opportunities.Reporting to the AVP, Mobile Banking Teams, the Mobile Mortgage Specialist utilizes consultative selling skills to originate residential mortgage and home equity loans from real estate agents, home builders, lawyers, accountants, financial planners and other centres of influence. The Mobile Mortgage Specialist plays a key role in helping new DUCA Members achieve their goal of home ownership by providing an exceptional level of service and advice while executing against business plan objectives.
Key Accountabilities & Duties
- Proactively create opportunities to engage in client focused home financing conversations with the goal of bringing new Members to DUCA.
- Prospect new and existing referral sources for residential mortgage leads using consultative selling techniques and by offering DUCA’s unique suite of products.
- Meet with new Members at their convenience and submit relevant financial information and documentation to the credit adjudication team.
- Monitor overall results and review progress against activities and sales goals.
- Provide sounds credit recommendations and solutions catered to individual needs of new Members.
- Participate in regular coaching sessions and monthly objectives setting.
- Identify new member financial needs and cross sell opportunities and provide appropriate solutions.
- Complete and process all work within guidelines and in accordance to compliance, audit, policies, and procedures
Occupational Experience & Education Requirements
- Mortgage industry or financial services knowledge in a customer facing role.
- Flexible to travel and work variable hours in a fast faced and competitive marketplace.
- Results-driven individual and comfortable working independently.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ previous financial services experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Solid knowledge of residential mortgages and financial services in a sales/service capacity.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to actively listen, connect and respond in a confident manner.
- Comfortable meeting new people and presenting to a varied audience.
- Ability to engage and connect with new prospects, referral sources and centers of influence.
- Highly motivated and confident with strong prospecting and networking skills.
- Highly developed customer and relationship management skills with ability to negotiate and influence.
- Passionate about providing excellent Member service and helping others to achieve their goals
- Strong business acumen and financial industry knowledge
- Proven sales skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience using Loan Originating System (LOS), or other related software considered an asset
Department: Retail Sales
Primary Location: Various - Mobile
Employment Status: Full-time
Hours per Week: 38
Job Grade Level: 6
DUCA is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment related accommodations will be provided upon request.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their application. Applications must include both a resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.