Financial Services Officer (Financial Advisor)
Financial Services Officer (Lending & Investment Specialist)
We are looking for a new Financial Services Officer with a focus on lending and investments to join our Willowdale branch!
The Financial Services Officer (FSO) plays a key role in helping our Members to do more, be more, and achieve more with their money and their lives. The FSO establishes relationships with Members, understands their financial goals, and provides them with holistic financial advice on a range of DUCA products and services, including lending and investment products, that will help them achieve their goals. The FSO also helps develop new business with existing and potential Members through participation in branch campaigns and events, and establishing relationships within the community.
Key Accountabilities & Duties
- Establish strong relationships with Members and ask open-ended questions to discover Members’ life events, financial situation, risk profile, and short- and long-term goals.
- Proactively provide needs-based advice by developing and presenting customized financial solutions regarding deposits, invesments (GIC's, mutual funds), lending, and credit cards
- Utilize sound credit interviewing, judgement and analysis skills to identify and provide recommendations on credit solutions within guidelines, on products including mortgages, loans, lines of credit and credit cards
- Provide sound investment advice and identify appropriate solutions including registered and non-registered term deposits, TFSA’s, mutual funds, and other wealth solutions. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of economic and market conditions.
- Open new Member accounts and provide other banking solutions to meet Member needs
- Generate referrals for more complex needs to our Commercial or Wealth Management teams
- Provide exceptional Member service by developing and deepening relationships, maintaining regular communication, and providing timely responses and value-added information and advice to Members
- Work towards achieving or exceeding individual and branch objectives, while always acting in the best interest of our Members
- Identify opportunities to develop business within the community and attract new Members to DUCA by establishing “centres of influence” outside the branch, and participating in community and branch events as a representative of DUCA
- Complete and process all work within guidelines and in accordance to compliance, audit, policies, and procedures
Occupational Experience & Education Requirements
- Post-secondary education
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a financial services environment and 6-months to 1-year of experience with lending and/or investment products
- Mutual funds license (e.g. IFIC), or working towards obtaining a mutual funds license considered an asset
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Passionate about providing excellent Member service and helping others to achieve their goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong business acumen and financial industry knowledge
- Proven sales skills; results-oriented
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Loan Originating System (LOS), or other related software, considered an asset
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Dedication to continual learning and development
Willowdale Branch Hours:
Mon to Wed: 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
Thurs: 9:30 am to 7:00 pm
Fri: 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
Sat: 9:30 am to 1:00 pm
Department: Retail Banking
Primary Location: Willowdale Branch – 5290 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON, M2N 5P9
Employment Status: Full-time
Hours per Week: 38
Job Grade Level: 5
DUCA exists to help people do more, be more and achieve more with their money and their lives. We’re driven by a co-operative philosophy that puts our Members (and Owners) at the centre of every decision we make, gives them a voice in how we’re run and rewards them for their loyalty by sharing our profits.
At DUCA, we’re dedicated to creating a positive environment where our employees have growth and development opportunities, a healthy work/life balance, opportunities to give back to the community, and a focus on doing what is right for our Members. DUCA offers a competitive total compensation package including base salary, a short-term incentive (bonus) program, a comprehensive benefits program, pension plan, and employee banking benefits.
To learn more about DUCA please visit our website at https://www.duca.com/.
DUCA is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Recruitment related accommodations will be provided upon request.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their application. Applications must include both a resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.